Woodstock Area Chamber Presents Annual Awards
WOODSTOCK AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY ANNOUNCES
ANNUAL AWARD WINNERS
On Friday, May 5, 2023, the Woodstock Area Chamber of Commerce and Industry hosted its Annual Awards Gala at the Woodstock Opera House. The Chamber presented nine awards that recognized outstanding Woodstock events, individuals and businesses, including the prestigious Harold Buschkopf Community Service Award.
Attendees enjoyed a reception with food from Porkies Pig Roast and desserts from Sweet Reds Patisserie & Café, as well as a silent auction and raffles for items donated by dozens of Woodstock businesses.
Chamber President Brad Ball emceed the program inviting the 2022 award recipients to the stage to recognize the nominees in each category and present most of the awards.
The Chamber Ambassadors joined Ball on stage for a reading of the nomination and presentation of the Buschkopf Award.
The recipients of this year’s awards were:
- Harold Buschkopf Community Service Award: Awarded Posthumously to Deb Beyer Klein, 1956-2022, accepted by Deb’s husband Jim Klein and her daughter Katie.
- Community Event of the Year: T-Mobile Concert at McHenry County Fairgrounds, August 20, 2022
- Volunteer of the Year: Christian Cantwell
- Leadership Excellence: Rick Bellairs
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Teresa & Arturo Flores
- Nonprofit of the Year: Young at Heart Senior Pet Adoption
- Manufacturer of the Year: Kishwaukee Brewing Co.
- Retailer of the Year: Antioch Pizza Shop
- Professional Service Provider of the Year: Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Starck Real Estate
The Chamber also thanks the many local businesses that contributed items to the event’s silent auction.
The objectives of the Woodstock Chamber of Commerce and Industry are to develop, encourage, promote and protect the commercial, professional, financial and general business interests of the City of Woodstock; to extend and promote trade and commerce with residents and visitors; to encourage development of transportation and communications facilities, workforce, and the various resources of the city; to advocate for laws and regulations desirable for the benefit of business in general; and provide a forum for business interests.
Woodstock Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Brad Ball President
- May 06, 2023
- (815) 338-2436
- Send Email